The online marketing industry has matured since the internet was first commercialized in 1995, leading to the variety of marketing techniques we see in use today. Some of the most effective marketing techniques like Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay Per Click (PPC) are directly centralized around search engines, something that most people use on a daily basis.
Now that Google, Bing, and Yahoo! control the vast majority of search traffic, advertisers have been given unprecedented control over the advertising process. Guesswork is a thing of the past. No longer will unpredictability and difficulties in measuring the return-on-investment hinder advertisers from making the most of their marketing budget!
Here are 5 great reasons why you should consider doubling your budget for paid search:
- Your target’s stage in the buying cycle. Customer intent is a beautiful thing. If someone is searching for your products and/or services online, chances are that they actually want what you have to offer. This is not necessarily the case with with email marketing, social media marketing, or other techniques offered by online marketing agencies. The result? High-quality traffic and inbound leads that bring a positive ROI.
- Your target audience is completely controllable. Search engines allow you to target certain demographics, geographical locations, online placements, keywords, and just about any other qualifier you can think of. If you’re looking for efficient marketing, paid search is your man. Say goodbye to wasted marketing dollars spent on an audience that you have no interest in targeting.
- People trust Google, Bing, and Yahoo! Intent is great, but if no one trusts your advertisement enough to click on it, then it’s pretty much useless. When you advertise on a search engine, potential customers automatically associate a certain amount of trust to your offering. This leads to a more effective ad because PPC marketing hasn’t been marred in people’s minds like other techniques have. For example, let’s take a look at email marketing. Often times it is easily abused, many people now automatically assume a promotional email is spammy and therefore completely ignore it. This is not always the case however with paid search.
- Branding goals are achieved effortlessly. Even if your ad doesn’t get the final click, searchers will still see your brand name if you include it in your ad. This builds brand name recognition and association for your products and services, regardless of how much search traffic your ads actually generate. It may be called paid search, but some of the benefits come at no cost to you!
- All results are 100% trackable & your ROI can be measured in exact dollars and cents. This is huge. The universal negative to almost any type of marketing is that results can be hard to measure directly, and the return-on-investment can’t always be quantified. With paid search, however, every click, impression, and expense is measured exactly. Not only does this make high-end optimization possible, but it also gives you peace of mind.
Paid search advertising isn’t the only form on online marketing, but it’s certainly a strategy that provides targeted placement within your demographics and has measurable results. Get the most out of your marketing budget and consider allocating more resources to paid search. To learn more about paid search advertising contact the search experts at GHIIS today.